Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cherry's pieced dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, Lindy! It's been a while -- so it was the bodice of the dress that I pieced, not the apron. I pieced both ends of the apron (ROFL)!

    This piecing would have been invisible if I had stitched the seam by hand first, so I could match the print exactly as I moved the needle from one side of the cloth to the other.

    Edited to add: the blue pleated trim on the gown that Elizabeth is wearing in Lindy's portrait photo came from one of her Wrights' goody bags with remnants of trim for doll clothes (see a thread I put up about that). Believe me, because I tried to match it for Lindy when I went to the factory outlet, the chances of finding exactly the right periwinkle blue to go with that gorgeous dress fabric she used are very very small! But there it was, in her bag of goodies from Wrights.

    Second note: I've been saving those hand screened fabric pieces for years. My rule of thumb is to save any piece I cut that is larger than a postage stamp because I'll use it somehow in doll clothes. I used 4 pieces to make the waistband on this dress -- and none of them were much more than an inch wide, most with curved edges.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 23, 2005 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Sakurako ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow. That's beautiful!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a cute dress!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are some photos of the dress Cherry made for me from the pieces of the designer fabric. Under skittle's post of the new dress,Cherry tells her how to piece together leftover fabric. Most of you have already looked at that post, so I deceided to add a new thread with the photos.

    MVC 483S

    MVC 484S

    MVC 485S

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 23, 2005 12:54 PM: Message edited by: AG Dress Designer ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •